More information about cookies
What is a cookie?
A cookie it is a text file harmless that is stored in your browser when you visit almost any web page. The utility of cookie is that the web is able to remember your visit when you return to browse that page. Although many people do not know cookies have been used for 20 years, when the first browsers for the World Wide Web appeared.
What is NOT a cookie?
It is not a virus, not a trojan, not a worm, is spam, ni spyware, or open pop-up windows.
What information does a cookie?
The cookies they don't usually store sensitive information about you, like credit cards or bank details, Photographs, your ID or personal information, etc. The data they keep is of a technical nature, personal preferences, content personalization, etc.
The web server does not associate you as a person but with your web browser. In fact, If you regularly browse with Internet Explorer and try to browse the same web with Firefox or Chrome, you will see that the web does not realize that you are the same person because it is actually associating the browser, not the person.
What kind of cookies exist?
- Cookies techniques: They are the most basic and allow, among other things, know when a human or automated application is browsing, when an anonymous and a registered user surfs, basic tasks for the operation of any dynamic website.
- Cookies analysis: They collect information about the type of navigation you are doing, the sections you use the most, products consulted, time zone of use, idiom, etc.
- Cookies advertising: They show advertising based on your browsing, your country of origin, idiom, etc.
What are the cookies own and those of third parties?
The own cookies are those generated by the page you are visiting and the from third parties are those generated by external services or providers such as Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc.
What happens if I disable the cookies?
So that you understand the scope of disabling the cookies we show you some examples:
- You will not be able to share content from that website on Facebook, Twitter or any other social network.
- The website will not be able to adapt the contents to your personal preferences, as it usually happens in online stores.
- You will not be able to access the personal area of that website, for example My account, O My profile O My orders.
- Online stores: It will be impossible for you to make purchases online, They will have to be by phone or visiting the physical store if it has one.
- It will not be possible to customize your geographical preferences such as time zone, currency or language.
- The website will not be able to perform web analytics on visitors and traffic on the web, which will make it difficult for the web to be competitive.
- You will not be able to blog, will not be able to upload photos, post comments, rate or rate content. The web will also not be able to know if you are a human or an automated application that publishes spam.
- It will not be possible to show sectorized advertising, which will reduce the advertising revenue of the web.
Can you remove the cookies?
Yes. Not just delete, also block, in a general or particular way for a specific domain.
To remove the cookies of a website you must go to the configuration of your browser and there you can search for those associated with the domain in question and proceed to their elimination.
Configuration cookies for the most popular browsers
Here's how to access a cookie browser determined Chrome. Note: these steps may vary depending on the browser version:
- Go to Settings or Preferences through the File menu or by clicking the personalization icon that appears in the upper right.
- You will see different sections, click the option Show advanced options.
- Go to Privacy, Content settings.
- Please select All cookies and site data.
- A list will appear with all the cookies sorted by domain. To make it easier for you to find the cookies of a certain domain enter partially or totally the address in the field Search for cookies.
- After performing this filter, one or more lines will appear on the screen with the cookies of the requested web. Now you just have to select it and press the X to proceed with its elimination.
To access the configuration of cookies from the browser Internet Explorer follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Tools, Internet Options
- Click on Privacy.
- Move the slider to adjust the level of privacy you want.
To access the configuration of cookies from the browser Firefox follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Choices O preferences according to your operating system.
- Click on Privacy.
- In Record choose Use custom settings for history.
- You will now see the option Accept cookies, you can activate or deactivate it according to your preferences.
To access the configuration of cookies from the browser Safari para OSX follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to preferences, soon Privacy.
- In this place you will see the option Bloquear cookies to set the type of lock you want to perform.
To access the configuration of cookies from the browser Safari para iOS follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Go to Settings, soon Safari.
- Go to Privacy & Security, you will see the option Bloquear cookies to set the type of lock you want to perform.
To access the configuration of cookies browser for devices Android follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Launch the browser and press the key Menu, soon Settings.
- Go to Security and Privacy, you will see the option Accept cookies to enable or disable the check box.
To access the configuration of cookies browser for devices Windows Phone follow these steps (may vary depending on the browser version):
- Abra Internet Explorer, soon Plus, soon Setting
- You can now check or uncheck the box Allow cookies.